On this day the Planet 4 Project Team have made the following updates to the Product:
Release V1.9 (19/3/2018)
- PLANET-1771 BUG Carousel block, Image gallery, Image embeds: captions and credits
There was an inconsistency with how images were treated across the site. The Carousel block (on Pages), Carousel Gallery and Embedded Images (on Posts) now have all of the same visual and functional behaviours.
- The text that appears in the Credit field will appear in the Caption on the front-end (at the end of the Caption and on the same line).
- The Title field will not appear in Carousel/Gallery captions. The Carousel/Gallery will no longer pull the Title into the image caption from the image Title field
- The text for Caption is pulled from the Caption field.
- The Credit field will no longer appear as an HTML overlay on the image face.
- When no caption is present there is no blue caption field present.
- PLANET-1769 Tasks block: Make entire Header on Tasks block clickable
On a mobile device the header of a task block can be clicked outside of it’s title.
- PLANET-1800 Posts: Expand title when action card is present
The Title on Posts will be full width regardless if there is a card or not.
- PLANET-1829 Header Carousel: Add swipe left functionality
We have added the ability to swipe left on the Header Carousel for S/M sizes
- PLANET-1830 BUG Header Carousel: S/M devices prevents scrolling
Swiping up or down on the header carousel on a mobile device will scroll the page. The behaviour is a little sticky so we will look to improve this.
- PLANET 1858 BUG Cookies: Policy opt-in reappears on some devices even after the User had accepted
An expiry time has been added to the cookie script
- PLANET 1878 BUG Happy Point: Fixing the width of iframe for tablet screen
The iframe inside the happy point was resized on tablet screens due to text below subscribe button appearing below the footer.
- PLANET-1891 BUG [GPGR] Search: sort options missing translations
The drop down menu for “Most Relevant” and “Most Recent” were appearing in English, not in Greek.
- PLANET-1893 BUG [GPGR] Articles block: missing translation
The word “by” in the articles block was not being translated
- PLANET-1918 BUG Posts: Image caption on S screens should appear below the image
On mobile devices, on embedded images the caption will appear below the image, not over it.
Back End / Admin
- PLANET-1704 BUG Covers: Fix Take Action button alignment
Button placement for Take Action Covers were off centre and are now better aligned.
- PLANET-1861 BUG Page: Header Description allow html
This was fixed by changing the Header Description tag from <p> to <div>
- PLANET-1879 Settings: Add P4 page type as an option in permalink structure
If a Post has ‘story’ P4 page type the permalink would be ‘story/9999/post-name’.
If the P4 page type is changed to ‘publication’ then the permalink would be ‘publication/9999/post-name’.
However all the below variations would link to the same post, because the post is matched by the it’s id number.
- PLANET-1921 Eslint support
- PLANET-1927 BUG Carousel: slider not working when more than one
This was fixed by creating a unique id based on title, images count and image dimensions.
NOTE: When more than one carousel is used on the same page, the carousels should not have the same title, the same image count and the same image dimensions — at least one of these parameters must be unique.
- PLANET-1928 BUG Take Action Covers: Fix covers M screens
In M screens when ‘Show 1 Row’ option for Covers block is selected then 2 covers are displayed on page load.
- PLANET-1942 Two Column Block: looks at Page, not at Category
The logic for this block has changed. This Issue will now look at sub pages of Explore, rather than at Categories. We achieve the same result without the requirement that “A page and a category must have the same name”.
Release V1.10 (26/3/2018)
- PLANET-1823 BUG Posts: Featured Image should auto populate
On Posts, when no Featured Image is selected by the Editor, the 1st image appearing in the Post (if there is one) will be used and displayed in Search results and the Articles block. If the Editor wants to override the default Featured Image they can do so.
- PLANET-1772 Posts: Issue Categories added to breadcrumb
On Posts, the Issue Category now appears in the breadcrumb, between the Page Type and the #Tag, above the Post Title. Is now the same style and behaviour as Take Action Pages.
- PLANET-1814 BUG Articles block: Featured images poor resolution
On mobile devices, the Featured images in the Articles block had poor resolution. This has been fixed.
- PLANET-1924 BUG Articles block: adjust Featured Image when Portrait
Aspect ratio of the Featured Image when in Portrait was in extreme contrast to the Landscape images. This has been fixed.
- PLANET-1757 Images: Alt tag visible on hover
Text in the image Alt field is now visible on hover for images embedded in Posts, Carousel block/gallery and most shortcake blocks.
Back End / Admin
- PLANET-1961 Settings: Fields added so Admin can select 404 background image and text
The Admin can now change the 404 background image and text. The design will change slightly in the next release to remove the “speech bubble”.
- PLANET-1933 Take Action Covers: Editor Workflow
The workflow text under “Number of covers displayed” has been edited so the block behaviour is more clear for the Editor. [Display 1 Row/2 Rows/All Rows]
- PLANET-1954 BUG Types: wrongly being auto-assigned to Pages
Pages were being assigned a Post Type (Story/Pr/Pub, etc) when they should not. This fixed will apply for all newly created Pages; a script will be run to also fix this bug on existing pages. [Types are only applied to Posts, not Pages]
- PLANET-1963 Breadcrumbs: Name criteria has been improved
Previously the Category and Issue page needed to use an exact name match to determine the navigation behaviour. This has been fixed. The new logic, Issue page are:
- children of the “Explore” page
- in the same category as the current page/post
- PLANET-1926 Carousel Header: not using srcset
The Carousel Header was not using srcset correct image for the image size. This has been fixed.