📚 Contribute > Community
The P4 community includes Greenpeace staff, partners and volunteers working across departments and timezones. We use Planet 4 to engage, mobilize and change the world!
Some of us are web editors, some developers, some are data analysts, some designers, and some of us are a bit of all these things. You can join and help us!
How to get involved
Here are some additional resources that may help you gain more context and insight into the P4 project:
- P4 Community Strategy describes how this space is enabled, facilitated and supported.
- The Code Of Conduct guides how we should behave in this space
- The Planet 4 Community (intro slide deck)
- Improve P4
The P4 Groups (also known as Tracks)
Here’s the various groups (aka “Tracks“) revolving around the P4 system:
the General P4 space 🌎🌍🌏 for everyone to learn about Planet 4, share, onboard new folks, access to all members and all other sub-communities, stay abreast of urgent news, case studies or big milestones.
the Developers community 👷🚀 for all technical people to come together to contribute, get and receive support and share ideas, code and knowledge.
the Designers community 🎨🦄 for design-skilled minds to exchange ideas, align P4 design with the Greenpeace brand (and vice-versa), test visuals and prototypes and contribute to each other’s work
the Data and Web analytics community 🤸 📊 for all data ninjas to improve existing tracking setups, share testing scenarios and results and encourage a data-driven mindset supporting Greenpeace’s work around the network.
the P4 Council 🎩🦸 that will match the P4 vision with business priorities, align on technology goals and collaborate on solutions to achieve our goals.
the Programme Stakeholders 🧙 for P4 to support campaigns’ engagement strategies.
- The Greenpeace P4 Google Group (P4-Group) and the #p4-general Slack Channel are the best places to ask questions, share knowledge, give updates and sparkle new collaboration initiatives around P4.
- #p4-dev is the channel for all developers working on Planet 4
- #p4-design is the best place for creative designers to get together
- #web-analytics is the hideout of data ninjas working on the Google Suite and insights
- A Jira board is used for sprint planning and product development.
- A gihub repo holds all codes, PR and data sets to start contribute and Develop p4
- A MEDIUM publication is used to blog about product development and involve Open Sourcers
- This same Handbook is the main repository of all P4 documentation
Are you a contributor and want to join / be added to any of these channels? Just reach out to the team!
The Greenpeace team
Do you want to know which of your colleagues works on P4 in the NROs? Check the interactive sitemap! (accessible to Staff only – for privacy reasons) and start to get to know the Greenpeace pool of practitioners.
There is also a P4 international product team ready to on-board you in the different communities, they are Caro (lead designer), Dan (web dev), Florent (php dev), Houssam (ui designer), Júlia (community manager), Maud (front-end dev), Molly (data analyst), Nikos (tech lead), Quentin (documentation and training), Sagar (php dev), Taylor (ux designer) and Toni (product manager).
Links & Resources
P4 Community Strategy (public)
P4 members – interactive NROs map (accessible to GP staff only – privacy reasons)
Working with engagement systems communities (Slides)
The P4 community: what is it and how everyone can make it wonderful
Global Engagement – Working with online communities (FULL strategy paper – Accessible to GP staff only)
1500+ examples of awesome online communities – FeverBee.com