Blocks are used in posts and pages to dynamically pull out content or achieve specific functionalitiesMaster all blocks
2 weeks full of improvements! Our journeys towards a full “What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get” Planet 4 continues, with 2 more blocks now rendered in the new style. Data Attributes continue to be assigned to various fields, and technical debt (with CSS and JS fixes) kept getting slimmer. Infra improvements have also been made, some of which are related to the August Outage
- Counter Block Improvements
🤸 📊 Tracking improvements
- Data Attributes implementations – As part of our advanced analytics and events tracking, these values will be used to trigger events and define category, action and label.
🐛 Bug Fixes
- PLANET-5344 – Video block is displayed on top of other blocks in the editor
- It was a bit tough to edit content, with the video overriding the other blocks..
- PLANET-5320 – P4 Cookies should implement the ‘Secure’ attribute
- This fix, taken as explained in the Mozilla docs, still allows cross-domain cookies, but restricts these cookies to be used in Secure domains only.
- PLANET-5384 – Jquery causes issues in local development
- PLANET-5407 – Failed assets builds don’t make the pipeline fail
- PLANET-5400 – Articles editor CSS rule scope is not specific enough
🔧 Infra / tech improvements
- ElasticSearch deployments:
- CloudSQL Tests
- PLANET-5456 – Test Prod CloudSQL restore, edit, restart