Purpose: This blocks allows the editor to edit information about an issue and a tag
Add the block to your page
Adding blocks to P4
Edit the block
The Split Two Column block is designed to pull content from an Issue and an associated tag next to it.
Basically, on the left the system will propose Issue pages (aka pages that have “EXPLORE” as parent), on the right the system will propose the list of #Tags.
Since the migration to WYSIWYG, some elements are editable in place for each of the two columns. These elements are:
- link text
The other elements are editable on the right side:
- selecting an issue or tag is also available here
- link path
- overriding image selection + selecting focal point for each image
Behavior of the block
There are some behavior characteristics to keep in mind:
- the configuration fields are to be edited on the sidebar
- when the editor selects an issue, then the description from the header description is automatically pulled
- when the editor overwrites the description AND changes the selected issue, then the description stays the overwritten one
- when the editor deletes the overwritten description, then the description is automatically pulled from the new selected issue page.
Design files are here.
Links & Resources